एतयैव सविचारा निर्विचारा च सूक्ष्मविषया व्याख्याता॥४४॥
etayaiva savicārā nirvicāra ca sūksma-viṣayā vyākhyātā
- Like the previous (savitarka and nirvitarka), savicāra and nirvicāra are explained with regard to subtle objects.- CT
- In the same way, both savicārā (reflection) and nirvicārā (super or non-reflective) samādhi, which are practiced upon subtle objects, are explained. -SS
- The states of samādhi with “subtle awareness” and without “subtle awareness,” whose objects of focus are the subtle nature [of things], are explained in the same manner. -EFB
etayā – by this
eva – also
savicārā – with subtle awareness
nirvicārā – beyond reflection
ca – and
sūkṣma – subtle
viṣayā – objects
vyākhyātā – are described
2. Prayer Ritual
Practice 5X Rounds
- Use your mantra.
- Say your mantra to yourself 5 times out loud.
- Say your mantra in a whisper 5 times.
- Say your mantra silently in your mind 5 times.
*When you catch your mind engaged in an activity that you find harmful, use your mantra to reset your mind.
Kapalabhati is the skull shining breath or breath of fire. This increases ones energy and internal fire, boosting metabolism and digestive fire. It is considered a purification practice because of its powerful ability to clear the nadīs. It increases oxygen levels in the body and clears the mind as it send prāṇa up from the pelvic floor to the crown (skull shining)
- Start ujjayi, create a nice long breath, balancing the inhalation and exhalation.
- Visualize the space two fingers below your navel. If it is hard to visualize, touch the space between the navel and pupil bone.
- Let this place be where you initiate the breath.
- Take three large inhalations followed by exhalations out of the mouth.
- On the next breath, inhale half way.
- Focus only on the exhale, strongly pull the low belly in to exhale. Let the inhale be spontaneous.
- Do 40 to 50 pulses. Take a full inhale. Take a full exhale and engage mahabandha (see above), retaining the breath as long as is comfortable.
- Lift the chin. Inhale.
- Take a few normal breaths. Repeat for a total of 3 rounds.
- Sit for a few moments, allowing your body to breath naturally.
- Draw your attention into yourself. Removing your awareness of the objects of your senses.
- Focus your minds eye on your object of meditation .
- Practice for 10 to 20 minutes. (commit to a time and set a timer)
- When you feel your mind wander be so gentle in bringing it back. *Remember we are like infants in this journey. Treat yourself as you would your own child.
- End by touching your heart and repeating your name 3 times.